While in college, students have opportunities galore. Class, jobs, internships, fraternities/sororities, intramurals, college students are among some of the busiest people in America. However, there are five things all college students must do at least once in their college careers.
1. Complete A Bar Crawl/Shuffle. At least once in your college career you should get a drink in each bar in town. Grab your friends, pick a theme and dress to it, and then head to the bars. This is a great way to celebrate the end of the semester or possibly your last semester on campus.
2. Study Abroad. You might never get the chance again to travel outside of the country, and there is no better time to do so than in college. Go somewhere you have always wanted to, and live for a semester. “I studied abroad as a sophomore, and it was one of the greatest decisions I ever made, and recommend it to any college student,” Ohio University grad student Jeremy Johnson said.
3. Try A Class Completely Out Of Your Comfort Zone. College is the time for experimentation and broadening your horizons, and there is no better way to do so than taking a class in a subject matter you know noting about.
4. Learn How To Cook. Make sure you don’t have to endure dining hall food anymore, or help yourself by saving some money, and learn how to cook. It will also help you for when after you graduate, and of course help you impress the opposite sex.
5. Get To Know A Professor Outside Of Class. Take the time to visit a professor outside of class, and at their office hours. Not only will this help you in class, but it could benefit you after graduation when looking for a job.
Follow this five step plan and you’ll be able to call your college career a successful one!